Every year more than 229,000 tonnes of plastic waste are dumped in the Mediterranean, the equivalent of 500 containers a day. Faced with this situation, the Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation has asked the Tara Ocean Foundation, Mava Foundation, Surfrider Foundation Europe and IUCN to join forces and create the Beyond Plastic Med initiative. Become an association in 2019, BeMed fights against plastic pollution, by creating and supporting a network of actors committed to fight against this pollution, by mobilising the general public and more recently by also engaging industrialists in its search for efficient and sustainable alternatives to the use of plastic.
As part of the development of its activities, BeMed is opening a post of BeMed network coordinator and communication officer.
Under the authority of the Executive Secretary of BeMed, the person sought will carry out the following tasks
Animate the network and facilitate exchanges between BeMed laureates
- To initiate and promote cooperation and mutualisation through the exchange of experiences, the production of ideas and the dissemination of data;
- Provide and administer exchange and collaborative tools, mainly on the web;
- Search, relay and ensure the circulation of information;
- Formalize and enforce the network’s values, objectives, and operating principles;
- Organize and facilitate experience sharing and capacity building events;
- Ensure the quality of exchanges (conviviality, cooperation, profitability), and welcome new members;
- Guarantee the proper functioning of the network (develop the autonomy of the network, sort, organize and make available the content, maintain and adapt the tools to meet the technical needs of operation…) ;
- To lead internal and external communication, to assume the network’s spokesperson.
To ensure the communication of the BeMed association
- Development and implementation of BeMed’s communication strategy;
- Writing of texts to highlight BeMed activities, in particular the BeMed network, the projects supported and the Business Club;
- Creation, ordering and sending of institutional documents (annual report, impact report, newsletter…);
- Writing of press releases and pre and post event interviews;
- Promotion of the association’s activities to the network, partners, funders, general and specialized media and the general public;
- Development of links with the press and monitoring of the “media” database;
- Administration of the BeMed website in partnership with the company responsible for the development of the site;
- Animation of BeMed’s social networks in collaboration with the rest of the team.
All the skills required are described in the job description that can be downloaded below.
The position is available from 1st February 2022 in Monaco. Salary according to experience.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com before 19 december 2021.